Policies and Procedures
My requirements of clients:
1. Sessions begin and end at scheduled times. Sessions begun late due to the client arriving late, end at the appointed time and are full price.
2. If cancellations are necessary, please give 24-hour notice or you are charged for the appointment, unless the appointment can be filled. Emergency cancellations are determined at the practitioner’s discretion.
3. It is the client’s responsibility to provide an accurate health history and subsequent updates as deemed necessary by the practitioner.
4. Full payment is due at time service is rendered. No assignment of benefits or third party reimbursement is accepted.
5. $20.00 service charge for each returned check.
6. Be present (not under the influence of alcohol or drugs).
7. Be clean, having showered same day as the session.
8. Do not eat a heavy meal less than two hours prior to the session.
9. Sexual harassment is not tolerated. If the practitioner’s safety is compromised, the session is stopped.
What clients can expect from me:
1. I provide my clients with a competent and professional session each time they come for an appointment, addressing the client’s specific needs for that session.
2. I am available by appointment. Clients may reach me by voicemail or email.
3. I make every reasonable effort to return calls within 24 hours unless I am otherwise predisposed.
4. Clients are treated with respect and dignity.
5. I charge a fair price for my services and offer a sliding fee scale when appropriate.
6. Gift certificates are available upon request.
7. A series of sessions, paid in advance, will be eligible for a discount.
8. Appointments for initial clients accepted. Referring client and new client will receive $10.00 off session (limit one per new client, unlimited referring client). Referral must be mentioned at the time the appointment is made.
9. Payment is due at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made prior to treatment. I accept cash or personal checks.
10. I do not provide direct billing for insurance unless I am a Preferred Provider (PPO) with them. I will gladly assist clients in filling out the appropriate forms.
11. If appointments are made more than two weeks in advance, appointments are confirmed the day before the session.
12. I perform services for which I am qualified (physically and emotionally) and able to do, and refer to appropriate specialists when work is not within my scope of practice and/or not in the client’s best interest.
13. I make every reasonable effort to keep accurate records and review charts before each session.
14. I endeavor to customize my treatment to meet the client’s needs.
15. I stay current with information and techniques by reading, receiving regular sessions (of the same service I provide) and attending annual workshops and seminars.
16. I respect all clients regardless of their age,
gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, body type, political affiliation, or state of health.
17. Privacy and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
18. If I need to cancel an appointment, I do so within 24 hours whenever possible. If an emergency arises and I cannot keep an appointment, I provide a 50 percent discount with a client’s next session. For non-emergency cancellations of less than 24 hours, the next session is at no charge.
19. My equipment and supplies are clean and safe.
20. Personal and professional boundaries are respected at all times.
21. If a client is dissatisfied with a treatment, and no other arrangement can be agreed upon, a 50 percent refund of the treatment is honored.
22. Clients are draped with a sheet or towel at all times during the session. Only the parts of the body being worked on are exposed at any time. The genitals are never exposed or massaged.